Monday, July 28, 2008

1 year and 11 months!

Yes indeed, it's true... almost to two years! I am not really all that excited about my b-day. I mean, once you get pass that 2 year mark, 3 year mark, or 20 year mark, it's still the same for me. One day at a time, go to meetins, get connected with other men in the program, and live in the moment... among a whole bunch of other advice I am sure to be leaving out.

What is new with me... hmmm, let's see, I am going to Greece in about 3 weeks with my mum, that should be fun. I have never been to Asia or Europe, appearenty Istanbul is on the border, and that is where we are flying into, so I can say I have been to both! Should be fun, trying to stay in the moment about it, my mom invited my sister too, and I immediately found some negative stuff about that to think about.

After promptly talking to another alcoholic, I was relieved of my negative feelings towards the idea of my sister coming. You see, I knew that my thought processes were f'ed up, and as I was getting angry over this percieved threat to my serene vacation, I realized that I was getting angry and knew I had to call someone! Of course I steamed in my anger for about 2 minutes until the pain became unbearable and I just let it all out. After that, and asking for the willingness to accept things as they are, and getting grateful for the trip (come on, it's Greece, and it's paid for by mum!), my serenity was restored and was able to enjoy dinner with my friends!

It's good to have AA folks to talk to!

With that, I am off to sleep!

Jonathan

Today I am grateful...

For my chemistry teacher
My sister
My mom
My brother
My dad
The cats
Me
Sobriety
AA
And my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment