Monday, February 18, 2008

Work, school, more school, and life!

Well, life is good, no?

Work is going as good as work can go! I am grateful to have the opportunity to work and be a contributing member of society, even though I don't have to work - I want to work... all part of that "being a part of" rather than apart from... thing.

Sometimes it's a little much though, I have three tests due this week and one project, so I sometimes think to my self, why am I working if I don't need to?

The answer to that is that I need to work so that I may be disciplined, responsible, and able to plan accordingly. Without work, I have way too much time on my hands, and for me, an alcoholic, that is not a good thing! I have had it way to easy before, and that just breeds sloth and lazyness, which leads to unhappiness.

OMG, though, seriously, this customer service stuff is just hilarious, and trying at times. To stand there and be nice, to every single customer! Sometimes I really am happy, like, when the customer is smiling, but sometimes it's a one way street and that customer is never going to be happy no matter how much I smile and thank them! I think it's hilarious, I feel like I use to be that person on the other side of the counter, getting my daily Latte and then driving off to my corporate job down town.

I believe I feel more comfy behind the counter. We have more fun back there any how. And don't forget to be nice, cause I may just decaf your 10 shot white mocha if your not nice! LOL.

Hmm.. what else. Ah, been hanging out with friends still, I still find the time for the important stuff you know, sobriety first.

Sooo peace out.

Jonathan

I am grateful for

Battlestar Galactica coming back on soon!
Being a cool sci-fi nerdy type
My home
My car
My family
My friends
AA
My friends
My job
My health

2 comments:

  1. With that work/service opportunity, you are afforded so many chances to be an example of what recovery is all about. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I'm Sam, one of the many who Micky graced in his list. Please pardon my putting the same comment on your site that I've put on so many others.

    I've copied his list (with some omission of content!) and posted in on my site, www.raanch.com. You might want to take a look, for there are 82 blogs listed there. You're bound to find a new friend to follow. Also, I'm offering to everyone the code to put the same list in a post on their site. Lastly, there's a non-link to Micky's site, where folks can post a thank you to him for his service. After all, he really helped us out by compiling this list!

    Take good care!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete