Friday, February 15, 2008

Interesting!

Pitfalls... thanks Dave, funny you said that. I had one of those moments on Thursday and then again on Friday.... something silly really, but kinda ruined my serenity for the evening.

I received a 75% on a quiz I took in school recently... and that did not make me very happy! I kinda sorta thought about how mad I was about it, and how it wasn't fair, and all that... brought me right back to what school is all about.

Obsessing about those darn good grades... truly an interesting thing, I always beat myself up if I don't get an "A"... I need to talk to my sponsor some more about this, I have been throwing it out there the last two nights with my friends, about how I feel just because of a silly little "C" on a quiz.

Hmmm... so yea, managing the pitfalls is more important isn't it? Those bad feelings are the moments when you really want to not do the next right thing, and maybe isolate or act out in old behaviors. So it's when those feelings or moments show up that we get into action and use our "tool box".

Anywhoo.. tired, time for sleepy. I saw a movie with some friends tonight.

Jonathan

1 comment:

  1. Life happening.
    You know, most of us learn easliy how to handle the big things that happend to us.
    It's the little things that can add up to really be aware of.

    We don't trip over boulders; we trip over the pebbles.

    ReplyDelete