Thursday, August 6, 2009

Pivot

Just took the MCAT. I do not want to dwell on it, and such is the reason for my post today. This is the last I plan on mentioning it until I get my scores (1 month!). I feel that I did well on it, but naturally I am in my mind obsessing over questions, second guessing, and even confirming wrong answer choices that I made! This is classic pre-med behavior... and classic alcoholic behavior too! So... I hid all my study material, and am eliminating all possible reminders of the test. Hopefully not too many folks will ask how I did or what not, cause it makes me think about it!

When doubts creep in I shall remember:

To pivot away from the bar and towards the here and now. Turn over all the doubts and fears and live in the present. I felt really good and confident while I took the exam. I will get a good score!

End of story. Check back in a month and we shall see how I did!

Jonathan

1 comment: