Friday, July 20, 2007

Heya Folks!

Ok, so I quit the job.

I was sitting there at my desk and was reflecting on things, and just made the decision to get up and walk out. The boss was not there, so I sent him an email telling him thanks for the opportunity but it wasn't the right fit for me. And that's that.

I have looked at my finances and everything is kosher there, no worries or anything. My mom has offered to help me through the next few months or years even if need be, but I will strive, to the best of my ability, to pay my way.

I have talked to some friends who are in the social work field, and will be applying to various rehab centers to do some volunteer work or even a part time job, while also taking classes at a local university to help find my way.

I initially got into the real estate world due to my inate ability to do what others wanted me to do. I am striking out on my own now, and I am going to find something I feel is more in tune with my life and what I want out of my life. I don't think this is so much me taking control, but more like aligning my will to God's will.

I think my HP wants me to be of service to others at this time in my life. I think that I am happiest when I am helping others or doing service work, so my search begins there. I will initially focus on social work, and helping other addicts and alcoholics..in recovery... and from there, who knows. Life is to short to not take chances, so here I go!

I will let you all know how this new experiment goes. First step, sign up for courses and apply to a local Acohol and Drug rehab facility!

Jonathan

20 comments:

  1. go figure it out my friend! I'll be thinking of you and praying for God's Will for you man, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck, J.
    Keep us informed and keep in mind why you have these choices.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Jon, just checking in my friend, hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jon,

    Checking in on you. I've started blogging again, and it's good to hear you're moving into a new phase of development!

    Brad :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. just checking in to see how its going. hope you are well..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up(-:

    Good luck on your journy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Jonathan!!!
    Happy AA birthday to you---hope this finds you sober today.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey hope you are well J. Don't be a stranger! would be nice to hear from you, no matter what's up that the moment. The people that matter don't mind, and the people that mind don't matter. It's true you know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. XKttwB Your blog is great. Articles is interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

    ReplyDelete