Monday, July 31, 2006

Day number 6!

Ok! So I have made it to day numero seis! I must tell you though, last night, I was very close to picking up a drink. I actually think that I was riding my bicycle, about 13 miles or so, and was thinking about how I was going to go buy a pint of Vodka after dinner. Then I went home, and called my mom, and asked her where her and my sister were dining that evening. We agreed to meet at a Sushi Restauraunt around 7:00pm. What I had decided in my head was that I was going to skip the AA meeting, and drink. Well, at dinner, something weird happened. I knew I wasn't in the right staight of mind. I started to think, and realized I was just a little pooped with AA since I had 3 straight evenings with like 4 hours a night of AA. That was just way too much!! So, I decided right then that rather than drink, I could just skip the meeting and go home and read! Wow, what an idea! Still though, it was very hard. I really think I just don't enjoy the YPG folks... need to do something about this, maybe a new sponsor? Fred seems to know his shit... I feel like I get along and connect better to older men and women, who are successful in their lives... Not young teen age kids who act like teenagers, shit, even I acted more mature than my age when I was their age! Ha! What do you think man? If I don't feel comfortable with these folks what should I do? I miss going to my older 7:00 meetings, every night... I hate these late night, young meetings... I feel out of place. I really think I may call Greg and tell him thanks but no thanks... he makes me feel guilty when I tell him I am going to a different meeting, as if the YPG folks are the only way to stay sober... I feel like my resentment towards the group causes me to relapse... but what do I know?? And, if I keep relapsing, why not try something new?

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I was just flippin' from my blog, hitting "Next Blog" button and came across yours. Best of luck in your journey. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete